Recipe for Kuah Rawon
- 1 kg mixture of Beef innards, meat and tounge
- 3 litres water
- 200 g buah keluak
- 50 g buah keras
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 5 dried chillies
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 3 lemongrass, bruised
- 5 cm galangal, bruised
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, bruised
- salt to taste
- Cut beef meat and innards into desired cube size. Wash and boil with 3 litres of water till tender. Keep the meat together with the stock in the pot for use later.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, fry ground rempah - onion, garlic, ginger and dried chillies till fragrant.
- Add in ground buah keras and buah keluak. Stir and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Next, add in cumin and coriander powder and fry till aroma.
- Pour the sauteed rempah into the beef pot. Add in lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves and salt to taste. Cook over medium heat and let it boil. Stirring well.
- Lower the flame and simmer again for another 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Serve Rawon together with rice, bergedil, tempe, paru goreng, serunding, sambal belacan and other dishes.
Recipe submitted by Bibik Tumi
Buy and order books cheap online, novels, recipes, used books - Indonesian Food Recipes
Do you like this recipe?