Recipe for Mee Goreng
- 500 g yellow noodles
- 200 g fresh green vegetables or cabbage - rinsed, cut about 2" length
- 2 cups beansprout - rinsed
- 1 fishcake - sliced thinly
- 200 g medium fresh prawns - deveined
- 1 squid - washed and cut into cubes
- 1 tomato - cubed
- 1 onion - sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sweet soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Few drops sesame oil
- Salt, if necessary
- Cooking oil
- 2-3 tbsp broth - chicken stock
- To blend together: 5 dried chilli (soaked in hot water and seeded) + 5 cloves garlic
- Garnishing: Chinese chives (cut into pieces) or coriander leaves
- Some Calamansi - sliced top
- Heat oil in a medium wok and cook the sliced onions until softened.
- Add blended ingredients, cook till fragrant.
- Put in oyster sauce, tomato sauce, diced tomato and 2 tbsp broth. Stir and mix well.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add in prawns, squid and vegetables. Stir. Add in sliced fishcake.
- Add sugar, salt to taste (optional) and sweet soya sauce. Stir and mix well.
- Add in yellow noodles and beansprout. Mix and cook until the noodles softened and blended well with all the ingredients.
- Add 2-3 more tbsp of broth if you don't like your mee goreng to be dry.
- Garnish with lime, chinese chives or coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Recipe submitted by Haizat Koo
Buy and order books cheap online, novels, recipes, used books - Singapore Food Recipes
Do you like this recipe?