Recipe for Crab Claws
Ingredients for Crab Claws:
- 12 Frozen crab claws, thawed
- 300g (11 oz.) Prawns (shrimps) peeled, devein and minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Ice water
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 Tbsp Breadcrumbs, (or mix 4 Tbsp breadcrumbs with 4 Tbsp sesame seeds - optional)
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Steam crab claws and remove meat. Flake meat. Keep shells intact and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, mix minced prawns with salt, ice water, pepper and cornflour. Add crab meat and mix well to combine. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Stuff each portion into and around a reserved crab claw. Pat into shape. Dip in beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and deep fry crab claws until golden brown. Garnish as desired. Serve with a spicy chilli sauce.
Image credit - rfung8
Do you like this recipe?