Ingredients for Ikan Pepes:
- 4 medium sized fish (horsemackerel)
- 10 dried chillies (soaked in water)
- 6 shallots
- 3 garlic
- 1 thumb-sized turmeric
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 lemon grass
- 1 thumb-sized galangal (lengkuas)
- 1/2 grated coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- banana leaves
- Wash and clean fish. Drain.
- In a mortar, pound chillies, shallots, garlic, turmeric, ginger, lemon grass, galangal to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pounded ingredients, grated coconut and salt. Mix well and coat each fish with the mixture. Wrap each fish in banana leaf. Place in oven and bake (or grill over a charcoal fire) for 30 minutes, turning over once or twice during baking.
Image Credit by avlxyz
Buy and order books cheap online, novels, recipes, used books - Indonesian Food Recipes
Do you like this recipe?