Ayam Kurma (Korma Chicken), Opor Ayam (Braised Chicken with white Sauce).
Ingredients for Ayam Masak Lemak Cili Padi:
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pcs, washed and drained
- 1 litre coconut milk
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 4
- 1 stalk lemongrass, lightly bruised
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, lightly bruised
- 1 turmeric leaf, torn to 2
- Salt to meet the taste
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 10 red bird's eyes chillies
- 10 green bird's eyes chillies
- 3 large red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 inch old ginger, peeled
- 1 inch of fresh turmeric, peeled
- 5 candlenuts
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp grated ginger, salt to taste
- Marinate chicken pieces with ginger, turmeric powder and salt for at least 30 minutes. Fry chicken until ¾ cooked and put aside.
- Finely blend rempah ingredients into paste.
- Using the same oil in pot, pour in the ground ingredients, torn tumeric leaf, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and fry till oil appear, fragrant (Medium heat - Do not burn).
- Add the fried chicken, coconute milk and water. At this stage, keep it to a simmer for the rempah to adsorb to chicken and until the gravy thickens.
- Add tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Once chicken is cooked, serve with steamed white rice.
Do you like this recipe?