For those who enjoy cooking like i do, why not prepare this for your family or friends for any occasion. Childen will love it. Especially when its home-made. But if you have no time to flex your deep-frying muscles with these recipes, i would suggest you to hit the nearest restaurant and order.
Recipe for Crispy Strips
- 6 chicken breasts
- One egg, beaten
- One cup milk
- Two cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon MSG
- 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Using a sharp knife, cut 6 chicken breasts into strips, or you can buy chicken tenders at the supermarket; there are ready ones available such as chicken fillet. The chicken strips should not be too thin or too thick.
- Marinate the strips overnight with garlic, pepper, paprika and salt.
- Preheat the shortening in deep fry to 350deg or preheat vegetable oil in deep fry to 175 deg. It takes a lot of oil to deep-fry, and it's best to start with fresh oil every time.
- In meantime, beat one egg and one cup of milk.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and coat the chicken delicately into baking powder.
- Once the oil has reached the desired temperature, fry in fryer a few at a time (or try one first to test the heat) till they are golden brown. It should be around 5 minutes. Be careful not to crowd the oil with too much strips: crowding will cause the oil's temperature to drop dramatically, which will result in a greasy product. Crowding will also increase the likelihood that the fried bits and pieces will stick to each other.
- Once the chicken strips are golden brown, use a slotted metal spoon or spatula to remove the cooked chicken and let them drain on paper towels or cooling racks.
- Enjoy chicken strips with your prefered sauce.
Do you like this recipe?