Rendang and Ayam masak merah.
Recipe for Nasi Kuning
- ½ pounds Rice (washed thoroughly, until water runs clear).
- ¾ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Galangal (laos) powder
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 ¼ cup Coconut milk
- Place rice in covered saucepan. Cover rice with water (water should be 1 inch above rice). Boil until water is almost evaporated.
- In separate saucepan, bring to a boil turmeric, galangal powder, bay leaves, and coconut milk. Pour the rice into this mixture.
- Cook uncovered, over low heat, about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all liquid has evaportated and steam is escaping through the surface of the rice.
- Serve Nasi Kuning hot with Rendang or Ayam Masak Merah. (6 servings)
Do you like this recipe?