belado to sambal goreng, paru is also eaten freshly fried as a side dish. Those who got scurried away on hearing the word lung, will not know what they are missing here.
Ingredients for Paru Goreng:
- 1 kg Beef Lung
- 1 littre water
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 stalk lemongrass
- Oil for frying
- 5 garlic
- 8 shallots
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 5 candlenuts
- 4 cm tumeric
- 3 cm galangal
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Put sufficient oil in wok and fry the lemongrass and bay leaf, the blended rempah till aroma.
- Heat up water in pot to boil the lung for about 2-3 hrs till tender.
- Slice the lung thinly according to your desired size.
- Deep fry the lung in a seperate wok.
- Add in and mix the fried lung into the rempah mixture and stir well.
- Serve with rice or you can eat it as a snack.
Do you like this recipe?