Lontong, Roti Jala or Nasi Lemak. Ready-made sambals are available at food markets or gourmet departments in supermarkets in Singapore.
Recipe for Sambal Tumis
Ingredients for Sambal Tumis:
- 600g fresh prawns or ikan bilis
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp aji no moto (MSG)
- little bit of tamarind seed and salt
- 10 oz (275ml) oil - for frying
- 20 oz coconut milk - 1 no. coconut (optional)
- 100g dried chillies
- 4 nos. garlic
- 3 nos. onion
- 2 inch shrimp paste (belacan)
- Heat the pan and fry the blended mixture till crispy or well
- Pour in the coconut milk and let it cook till thick
- Add in the tamarind water, salt, sugar and aji no moto, lastly add in the prawn or ikan bilis and let it cook and thicken. Serve Sambal Tumis with Lontong, Nasi Lemak or anything you prefer.
Do you like this recipe?