Singaporean all time favourite! Oyster Omelette. The perfect marriage of just-cooked-to-perfection oysters, eggs, a somewhat crisp finish of the flour mixture is what to expect from this dish.
Ingredients for Oyster Omelette:
- 10 large fresh oysters
- 2 Tbs cornflour
- 1 Tbs rice flour
- 8 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs sake rice wine
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 5 sprigs coriander, to garnish
- 1 spring onion, for garnish
- Wash the oysters in cold water and drain well.
- Mix both cornflour and rice flour together with the water to make a fairly thin batter.
- Heat a large heavy frying pan until very hot and add oil. Pour in the batter and cook for about 15 seconds until batter is half set before adding in the eggs.
- When the eggs are almost set, make a hole in the centre by pushing the egg and batter mixture to the side of the pan. Pour in a little more oil and fry the garlic for a few seconds.
- Mix, then season with soy sauce, sake and pepper. Add oysters and cook just long enough to heat through.
- Garnish and serve immediately with fresh coriender leaves and spring onions.
- 3 whole Large Red Chillies
- 1 slice 2 mm thick young Ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Throw all ingredients into a mortar and pestle or a blender, blend until you get a sauce like consistency and taste. Serve with oyster omelette.
The Image above is For Illustration Purposes Only
Print this recipe
Do you like this recipe?