Learn how to make Miso soup with shiitake mushrooms made with dashi, miso paste and shiitake mushrooms. Both miso and dashi are available in Asian markets.
Ingredients for Japanese Miso Soup w/Daikon Radish and Tofu:
- 1 litre dashi (homemade or instant)
- 1 daikon radish - trimmed, washed and julienned or cut into matchsticks (optional)
- 130 g shiitake nushrooms, soaked in water for 20 minutes, drained, trimmed and cut into quaters or slice thinly
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- Reserve roughly 120 ml dashi and pour the rest into a pot.
- Bring to the boil, add radish. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add shiitake mushrooms. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat miso with reserved dashi until smooth, then stir into soup.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes until soup is thoroughly combined, then stir in most of the spring onions.
- Ladle soup and daikon radish into bowls and garnish with remaining spring onions.
- Serve hot.
More Recipes @ 500 Asian Dishes by Ghillie Basan
Do you like this recipe?